The Turn of Blogging in 2019
Blogging in 2019 has gone beyond writing a post regularly to writing a post that is well optimized for search engines. Posts that meet up with the search terms of queries on search engines. It has also gone beyond posting news updates. In 2019 also, ROI is no longer a measure of site viewership. To blog in 2019, one need authentic contents that would make for a high search engine ranking. In 2019 thus, CONTENT IS THE KING! Such content and how to present it to the target audience requires articulated skills and hi-tech software tools.
Secondly, besides making good content, in 2019 successful blogging requires some marketing skills. Especially, social media marketing strategies and email marketing strategies. If you’re already a good writer and you want to become a good blogger, you need to add some marketing skills to your resources.
In the same vane, there is a need for at least an average skills in users experience and awareness on the usage of some basic tool sets.
Thus, successful blogging in 2019 requires spending more time creating useful content and beautifully promoting the same to the right audience.
In this article, a brief description and a comprehensive outline of these skills checklists and tools checklists will be attempted.
These resources: the strategies, the skills checklists, and tools checklists are detailed as follows;
1. Content Creation Strategies
Writing genuine contents is an inevitable requirement in blogging. Blogging in 2019 is for freelance writers; it requires the ability to come about a piece of article with minimal input and in a few hours. However, for optimum yield, it is pertinent that one be guarded in procedure and precepts for writing properly optimized blog posts. Such factors as one’s knowledge in a given niche, in a given topic and in a given post is critical.
Also, one’s knowledge in the use of punctuation marks, correct grammar, spellings, use of simple words, good sentence structure, simple paragraphs, good text structure like the use of listing and good thought flow is crucial for good writing.
Visit here for more details on Content Writing
The Necessary Skills required for content creation includes:
- Research and internet surfing skills: With the ability to learn fast, researching is an inevitable step towards creating detailed content. At this stage of your contents creation, you would take recognizance of the style and tone of all the high-ranked articles. Taking note of their keywords, the points they have included, and the flow of information. Also, you need a good deal of searching to generate the best title and enough ideas for the article you are setting out to write. Once you have gained this knowledge, writing is simply the ability to take a new thought flow and the presentation of knowledge in your own words. The necessary tools here include: HubSpot’s Blog Topic Generator, Google Adwords and Keyword Planner, Quora, Squirrly, Blog Topics Generator, HubSpot’s title maker, Twitter trending topics, LinkedIn Pulse, Facebook’s Trending section, Coschedule Headline Analyzer, EMV tool, Headline Analyzer, TweakBiz title generator, Potent C idea generator, UpWorthy title generator etc.
- Reading and Notetaking Skills: these imply the ability to skim and scan through a large volume of information, stripping the needed facts from it within a short period. The necessary tools here include; Evernote, Feedly, Pockets, Zest etc.
- Writing and Editorial skills: writing is an art. It is all about the minds paintings of a beautiful array of information using words. Writing for public consumption demands the ability to put your points in a simple, attractive, and interesting layouts. Editorial skills are beyond prove reading, it is more on making a beautiful format in your writing. The necessary tools here include Google Docs, Bear–Writing App, Grammarly, Hemingway, Blog, Open Live Writer, ProWriting Wider etc.
2. SEO STRATEGIES
SEO Strategies is a step ahead making good contents. A proper SEO for each post and blog page helps the article to be easily discovered by search engines like Bing, Google, Yahoo search engines. Good SEO in a post makes it rank high and appear in first pages to search queries. Also, it guarantees long-term organic traffic way-way more than the traffic one could drive from social media promotions.
Visit here for more details on SEO
The Necessary Skills for good SEO include:
- Copyright Skill: a blogger is expected to create genuine and authentic contents. And where possible making reference to information copied. Also, it is necessary to avoid copyrighted items; especially images. Such tools as pixabay, Death to the Stock Photo, plagiarism checker are necessary here.
- Keywords Research and Competition analysis Skills: It’s all about finding the different terms and phrases that your target audience will use to find your article. The ideas here is to use long-tail keywords that have low competition.long tail keywords are phrases that are generally over three words long and have a lower search volume. The benefit of these keywords is they are less competitive, and they are targeted to a specific audience. The necessary tools here include; Google keywords planner, Ahref, keywords io, MOZ, Market Samurai, Solve, SemRush, Majestic, KWfinder, SERP checker, SERPWatcher, Long Tail Pro, Google Trends etc.
- Title Crafting skills: after the choices of keywords had been made, next, it is necessary to come up with some different blog topics and titles focused around those keywords. Oftentimes, the target here is to use a trending topic which is catchy, and enticing. The necessary tools here include Impact Blog Title Generator, SEOPressor Blog Title Generator, Link Bait Title Generator, Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer, BuzzSumo.
- Internal and External links building skills(Backlinks and Pingbacks): putting links to relevant articles on your contents helps to promote the ranking of your blog post. Especially, when the article is closely related to yours. Also, having your articles linked to other sites is similarly valuable. Oftentimes, this calls for good networking with top influencers in your niche. The necessary tools here include; link miner, link check etc.
- Editorial Skills: the editing required here involves structuring your contents and reviewing it to make it fit into SEO requirements. Such requirements like short paragraphs, backlinks, short sentences, active voice, contents of up to 1000 words and above, use of enough sub-headings, etc. The most common tool for WordPress users is the Yoast SEO Plug-in. This tool is essential in fitting in with some of the most important on-page SEO factors–Such as setting up meta titles and description, Web development, URLs, the actual content on each page, page structure and creating a sitemap. Yoast SEO is very important for bloggers. It helps you to review all the SEO requirements and ensures that you have all your pages and posts well optimized.
3. Social Media Marketing strategies
Social media marketing is a crucial aspect of blogging. It is about having a presence in the various social media platforms where people come often and on. Through social media marketing, a blogger is able to promote his blog posts thereby, attracting organic traffic of quality audience. Apart from the various social media platforms, there are a number of forums and questions and answer groups where a blogger’s involvement affords him the opportunity to create awareness on his posts.
Social media marketing is a journey to building loyal followers. This requires a lot of dedicated services to satisfy your audience. For instance, you would need to respond to their comments and questions, you would need some consistency in the area of your blogging etc.
Visit here for more details on Social media marketing strategies
The Necessary Skills here include:
- Networking skills: a blogger needs the ability to interact effectively and be able to lead a discussion on his posts. Networking also involves interacting with other top bloggers; learning and learning from their resources. The tools checklists required here include LinkedIn Pulse, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Slideshare, Twitter, Quora, Social Warfare etc.
- Customers Services skills: this requires meeting your follower’s expectations, including providing answers to their queries. Some useful tool sets here includes Sendible, Hootsuite, Feed Burner, ConvertKit, etc.
- Campaign creation skills: in most cases, a new blogger may need to launch a campaign to announce his presence. This entails making your site go viral. Such campaign as boosting your posts on the Facebook page, giving out an incentive, hosting a quiz or competition, all in an attempt to draw people’s attention to your blog. Needed tools sets here includes Fyrebox, BufferApp, Sprouts social, etc.
The goal of this article is providing a comprehensive guide for a beginner in blogging. Hoping that this purpose has been achieved, anyone who wishes to start a new blog either as a social entrepreneur or as a casual blogger can leverage on this resources to have a boost in his blogging goal. Same with renowned bloggers, this resources provides a checklist to weigh your current positions in blogging and the prospects.
So, it’s time to have a boom in your blog.Ede S.S.
Comment below, which of these resources do you already wield.
Read up on how to earn online in 2019 here