The creation of heaven and earth and all it hosts in time in eternity; the beginning is one of the most astounding expressions of the Glory of God and a deep mystery.
“You alone are the LORD. You have made the heavens, the heaven of heavens with their entire host, the earth and all that are on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to all of them and the heavenly host bows down before you.Nehemiah 9:6
More astounding Glory still was expressed in the creation of man, who even though he is not the strongest physically, there-in him contained all that is needed to control the other creatures. Indeed, man is the crown of God’s creation and a deeper mystery.
And God said; Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creped upon the earth. …Gen 1:26-31
Yet, even more, astounding is the creation of woman. The deepest of mystery. God essentially said that man was not adequate, to highlight the high position and necessity of women. Indeed, women are the perfection of man and the other creatures in extension.
Literally and metaphorically, women define nature and the world. For nature signifies birth. Which is the same as the symbol of fruitfulness which woman is.
And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet.GEN 2: 18, 21-22.
And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Woman as a Special Creative Work of God
In a bid to panegyrize women, someone amusingly inscribed the following thought. Do enjoy the humor even as you learn the inevitable place of women from it.
THE ROLE OF WOMAN
When God created woman he was working late on the 6th day.
An angel came by and asked.” Why spend so much time on her?
“The Lord answered. I have to give extra care and attention for she needs to be the perfection to other creatures.
“Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?”
- She must function on all kinds of situations,
- She must be able to embrace several kids at the same time,
- Have a hug that can heal anything from a bruised knee to a broken heart,
- She must do all this with only two hands,”
- She would herself when sick and can work 18 hours a day”
- She will play a central role in the society to ensure the stability, progress and long-term development of her nations.
- She is the caretaker; she will play a key role in supporting her households and communities in achieving food and nutrition security, generating income, and improving rural livelihoods and overall well-being.
- She will be the chief educator in the home like in urging the children of both genders to attend – and stay – in school.
- She will be an entrepreneur; having the right and access to the leadership role that would help economies grow.
- And many more.
The Angel was impressed” Just two hands…..impossible! He exclaimed.
THE TENDER NATURE OF WOMEN
The Angel came closer and touched the woman”
“But you have made her so soft, Lord”.
“She is soft”, said the Lord,
“But I have made her strong. You can’t imagine what she can endure and overcome”
She has a strong personality, in her looks, and a strong will towards what she is accomplishing.
Being soft allows her to be the most sensitive, caring and maternal people in the world. She is very sympathetic.
Angel: So is there connection between her and the man?
Yes, she will share in the same nature of the Image of God like man.
The Angel Touched her Cheeks.
“Lord, it seems this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her”
“She is a not leaking…it is a tear” The Lord corrected the Angel.
“What’s it for?” Asked the Angel…
The Lord said. “Tears are her way of expressing her grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her suffering, and her pride.”…
WHY A WOMAN IS SPECIAL
This made a big impression on the Angel,
“Lord, you are a genius. You thought of everything.
A woman is indeed marvelous“
Lord said.”Indeed she is.
- She has the strength that amazes a man.
- She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens.
- She holds happiness, love, and opinions.
- She smiles when she feels like screaming.
- She sings when she feels like crying, cries when happy and laughs when afraid.
- She fights for what she believes in.
- She is not lesser or inferior but has a special role to fill as guardian of the family. Strong, resourceful, resilient, wise, loving, tender and nurturing are all words to describe her.
- Her love is unconditional.
- Her heart is broken when a next-of-kin or a friend dies but she finds the strength to get on with life”
Being a Woman is Priceless
The Angel asked: So she is a perfect being?
The Lord replied: No. She has just one drawback
“She often forgets what she is worth”.